Dr. Keith Boenning completed his advanced specialty training in Prosthodontics in 1985 and has repeatedly been recognized in Baltimore magazine as a “Top Prosthodontist.” He is also a member of the American College of Prosthodontists. Dr. Nathan Dancykier is a member of the American College of Prosthodontists and the American Prosthodontic Society. He also received the Excellence in Prosthodontics award from the Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics.
Prosthodontists assist patients in restoring or replacing missing and damaged teeth. Dr. Keith Boenning and Dr. Nathan Dancykier are Towson prosthodontists who are experienced in helping patients restore teeth.
As prosthodontists, our dentists will restore your teeth so look and function similar to natural teeth. They are experts at solving complex dental problems with various dental treatments. Each patient will receive a personalized treatment plan that will address all their dental problems.
Your dentist will take several diagnostics to get a complete picture of your oral health. You may require one or several procedures. There are multiple treatments that Dr. Boenning and Dr. Dancykier offer for patients with missing and damaged teeth:
- Porcelain Veneers: Teeth veneers are thin ceramic shells that are bonded to the front and sides of teeth. They are a natural-looking treatment that covers discolored, chipped, cracked, and worn teeth.
- Tooth Bonding: Dental bonding is an affordable way to treat teeth with damage. It can be completed in a single office visit. The biocompatible material is applied directly onto the damaged portion of the tooth and molded into the desired shape.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge can restore one or multiple missing teeth. They can be removable or fixed. A fixed dental bridge is held in place with abutment teeth or with dental implants.
- Dentures: Partial dentures replace multiple teeth and full dentures replace full arches of missing teeth. Traditional dentures are removable and rely on suction to remain in place. Dentures can also be secured with dental implants. An implant-secured denture is a longer-lasting and more durable solution we offer in-office.
- Dental Implants: Teeth implants are one of the most viable solutions for restoring missing teeth. They restore teeth at the roots helping to prevent bone loss and hold a dental prosthesis in place better. Dental implants can secure dental crowns, dental bridges, or dentures.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown can address damaged, cracked, or fractured teeth. Tooth crowns can also restore a balanced bite and cap off implants for a natural look.
- TMJ Disorder: If you have chronic headaches, facial pain, and tooth damage, you may have a TMJ disorder. We offer nightguards to alleviate jaw and tooth pain as well as headaches.
Does a prosthodontist pull teeth?
Yes, a prosthodontist can extract teeth. However, tooth extraction is not the primary focus of their practice. A prosthodontist mainly focuses on restoring and enhancing the function and appearance of teeth. If you require a tooth extraction, your prosthodontist may refer you to an oral surgeon or general dentist.
Is prosthodontics worth it?
Yes! Prosthodontics can be an excellent option for patients that want to restore their smiles and enhance the function of their mouths. Prosthodontics can improve your appearance, increase chewing efficiency, and improve overall dental health. This can increase your self-confidence, overall health, and quality of life. You should consult your dentist or prosthodontist to determine the best treatment plan for your circumstances.
Do prosthodontists do bone grafts?
Yes, prosthodontists do perform bone grafts. Prosthodontists use this procedure to help provide the necessary structure and stability for a dental implant placement. In addition, your prosthodontists may also utilize sinus lifts to facilitate additional height in cases where there is inadequate alveolar ridge height available for implant placement.
Do dentists consider bridges prosthodontics?
Yes, dental bridges are a type of prosthodontic treatment. Prosthodontics is a dental specialty that focuses on restoring and replacing missing teeth. Prosthodontics also focuses on repairing damaged or decayed teeth. A dental bridge is a prosthetic device that replaces one or more missing teeth. Prosthodontists are experts in designing and fitting dental bridges to ensure they look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
Who needs prosthodontic treatment?
Patients typically need prosthodontic treatment if they are missing one or more teeth. Prosthodontic treatment can also restore a smile after facial trauma or correct missing teeth. Prosthodontics can also help improve the aesthetics of your smile by creating a more uniform look.
How do prosthodontists differ from other dentists?
Prosthodontists are specialists in prosthetic dentistry. Prosthodontists deal with the restoration, replacement, and maintenance of missing or damaged teeth. General dentists receive training in prosthodontics during their education. However, a prosthodontist must go through an additional three years of specialty training after graduating from dental school. This additional training enables them to identify more complex issues and design custom treatment plans for patients’ needs. Prosthodontists specialized training and experience make them uniquely qualified to restore the function and appearance of a patient’s teeth and gums.
Schedule a Consultation with a Prosthodontist in Towson, MD
Receive treatment for your damaged or lost teeth in our Towson, Maryland dental office. Contact our office by calling 410.324.2294 or requesting an appointment with our patients online. Do you have any questions about your specific dental concerns? Let Dr. Boenning or Dr. Dancykier know at your next consultation. They will examine your smile and review your treatment options with you to ensure that you feel comfortable with your care.